KP&G counsels its banking clients on a variety of issues, including commercial and residential foreclosures, tax deeds, bankruptcy, building court, mechanic liens and eviction matters.
Commercial Foreclosures and Residential Foreclosures
KP&G represents lenders in commercial foreclosures from small commercial buildings and apartment buildings to multimillion dollar commercial foreclosures. KP&G has a decade of combined experience in commercial and residential foreclosures,
- Loan Restructuring;
- Forbearance Agreements;
- Cross collateralized loans;
- Illinois Credits Agreement Act;
- Note sales and assignments of Certificates of Sale;
KP&G is highly experienced in this complicated area of the law and has been defending lender’s lien interest for almost a decade.
- KP&G has successfully defended, objected to and numerous vacated tax deeds for its clients which, otherwise, would have extinguished the Lender’s mortgage on the collateral.
- KP&G has experience in indemnity petitions which may help the Lender recover payment for its extinguished lien.
KP&G represents Lenders in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings, including, but not limited to:
- Motions to Modify the Automatic Stay;
- Objections to Plans;
- Attend Creditors Meetings;
- Attend Confirmation Hearings;
KP&G represents Lenders in building court matters.
- Demolition hearings;
- Gang and Drug Division;
- Porch Issues
- Purchases and sales of office buildings, restaurants, retail spaces, and shopping centers
- Due diligence review
KP&G represents Banks in defending the priority of their mortgage interest and enforcing the statutory mandates of the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act.
KP&G represents Lenders in commercial and residential evictions.